Goodwill accepts new or gently-used clothing, household items, décor, jewelry, accessories, books, movies, music, furniture, dishes, cookware, toys, and even vehicles.
Tips for donating:
- Please bring donations to Goodwill when employees are on duty. Donations dropped off outside of business hours could result in theft.
- Accept a signed donation receipt at the time of your donation, and keep it in your records for tax deduction purposes.
- Give to organizations you know and trust. Fraudulent organizations often modify the names of well-known organizations. Avoid making financial donations to organizations that ask for your credit card number over the telephone or request payment in cash.
For health and safety reasons, as well as high disposal costs, we are unable to accept:
- Broken or soiled items, including damaged or stained furniture
- Mattresses and box springs
- Computers, computer monitors, and printers
- Large appliances
- Vehicle tires and batteries
- Gas canisters and heaters
- Paint and chemicals
- Large exercise equipment
- Building materials
- Frequently-recalled items, including car seats, cribs, strollers, play pens, and children’s items containing lead or phthalates
For additional information on proper disposal of the items listed above, please visit the website for Kentucky’s Division of Waste Management. For those in the Louisville area, Project Pickup is the periodic junk-collection service provided by Metro Louisville Solid Waste Management.