Yesterday, we announced a historic $100 million investment with Norton Healthcare in west Louisville, which will result in our “Opportunity Campus” and the area’s first hospital in more than 100 years.
West Louisville is a nine-neighborhood community where the median household income is $21,000. The area has endured years of disinvestment that has left many of its 65,000 mostly African American residents underserved in a community that has limited employment opportunities.
Visitors of the campus will be able to access job training programs, legal support, youth mentoring, restorative justice services, drop-in childcare, personal grooming options, behavior and mental health treatment and second-chance banking.
The hospital will offer comprehensive services, including adult and pediatric primary care physician offices, emergency room services, inpatient services and outpatient functions. Imaging services, including X-rays and CT scans, will be available, along with specialty services such as women’s health, cardiology, neurology and endocrinology.
Collectively, the agencies are expected to bring more than 200 jobs to West Louisville at an average annual wage of $59,000 and will serve approximately 50,000 people every year with their programs, services and campus offerings.
Catch up on all the news about the partnership here:
- WDRB: Goodwill and Norton Healthcare to invest $100 million in west Louisville
- WLKY: Goodwill, Norton Healthcare invest $100M to bring resource center, hospital to west Louisville
- WAVE: West Louisville getting its first hospital in nearly 100 years
- WHAS: Opportunity Campus to be ‘the beginning of significant change’ for West Louisville
- Spectrum News: Norton’s newest hospital location aims to curb health care disparities
- Courier Journal: Louisville’s West End to get its first hospital in more than 150 years
- Louisville Business First: Norton, Goodwill announce $100 million investment in West End
- The Lane Report: The Bottom Line: Norton Healthcare and Goodwill Industries investing $100 million in west Louisville
- LOUToday: $100 million investment in West Louisville
- WFPL: Goodwill West End ‘opportunity campus’ to include new hospital