On Tuesday, we joined Norton Healthcare to break ground on the $100 million Norton Healthcare Goodwill Opportunity Campus in West Louisville. The campus will house our headquarters, a full-service hospital and a collection of local social-service agencies.
Collectively, Goodwill and the other nonprofit agencies that will operate at the Opportunity Campus are expected to bring more than 200 jobs to West Louisville at an average annual wage of $59,000 and will serve approximately 50,000 people every year with their programs, services and campus offerings. The career services programs at the Norton Healthcare Goodwill Opportunity Campus are expected to have a cumulative annual impact of $18.7 million by helping to place more than 600 job seekers into full-time employment with businesses throughout the region that pay a minimum of $13 per hour. Another 200-400 construction jobs are expected to be created to help construct the facilities.
The Goodwill “Opportunity Center” is expected to be complete in 2023, while Norton Healthcare’s hospital is expected to be complete in 2024. Details about the Norton Healthcare Goodwill Opportunity Campus – along with the renderings and results from a West Louisville community feedback report by Goodwill Industries of Kentucky – can be accessed here: www.GoodwillWestLouisville.com
To learn more about the project and hear from Gov. Andy Beshear, elected officials and members of both executive teams, view these recent media segments:
- WHAS: ‘It took intentional work’: Goodwill, Norton break ground on ‘opportunity campus’ in west Louisville
- WAVE: Norton, Goodwill break ground on West Louisville Hospital and Opportunity Campus
- WFPL: Goodwill, Norton break ground on new headquarters-hospital combo in west Louisville
- Spectrum News 1: New hospital, opportunity center coming to West Louisville
- WLKY: Community celebrates groundbreaking of Opportunity Campus in west Louisville
- WDRB: Construction begins on Goodwill Opportunity Campus, Norton Hospital in west Louisville