We are proud to announce our President and CEO Amy Luttrell has been honored with the 2021 J.D. Robins Jr. Distinguished Career Award through Goodwill Industries International, which is awarded to a Goodwill CEO for outstanding career contributions and dedication to the advancement of the Goodwill Industries® enterprise over a span of at least 25 years, with at least 15 years as a CEO.
Luttrell has been a servant leader for more than 40 years for the following organizations:
- 2014-present: President and CEO, Goodwill Industries of Kentucky, Inc., Louisville, KY
- 1998-2014: President, Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley, Dayton, OH
- 1993-1998: Executive Director, Goodwill of the Southern Alleghenies, Johnstown, PA
- 1985-1993: Vice President, Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee, Nashville, TN
- 1980-1985: Director of Rehabilitation, Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee, Nashville, TN
- 1979-1980: Vocational Evaluator, Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee, Nashville, TN
Since Luttrell’s joining of Goodwill Industries of Kentucky in 2014, she has focused on enhancing Goodwill’s mission support. The financial commitment to program services has more than doubled; and under her leadership, we’ve introduced and launched Soft Skills Academies in five statewide Centers for Education & Employment, located in Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, Pikeville and Somerset.
Luttrell has established partnerships with dozens of community and employer partners, with the intention to help mitigate the barriers Goodwill participants must overcome to achieve success in the workplace.
Also, under Amy’s tenure at Goodwill, retail staff has stabilized by adopting a full-time to part-time ratio of 80:20. She’s also developed a new cultural diversity program and has invested in company-wide wellness programs.
And that’s just scratching the surface of her influence on our nonprofit organization. We are forever indebted to her.