The extreme weather that impacted parts of western Kentucky this December won’t soon be lost on us, and we’re committed to helping rebuild the communities that were affected.
We plan on doing that in a variety of ways within our own organization, such as funneling 100% of donations accepted through our donation portal and the round-up efforts in our stores to disaster relief, among much more, such as providing vouchers.
This page will be used to publicize efforts available outside our organization to individuals affected by the tornados and those who are looking to help, whether it be monetarily, donations or volunteer services.
Resources for those affected
- SOKY Fairgrounds/Lampkin Park: 1515 Glen Lilly Rd., Bowling Green. They accept pets.
- Jennings Creek Elementary: A lot of resources are available here in addition to housing. 2617 Russellville Rd., Bowling Green.
- South Warren Middle/High School: 8140 Nashville Rd., Bowling Green.
- Ed Spear Park: One shelter available. 226 Sunset Dr Bowling Green.
- Ephram White Park: Two shelters available. 885 Mt. Olive Rd., Bowling Green.
- Basil Griffin Park: Two shelters available. 2055 Three Springs Rd., Bowling Green.
- Phil Moore Park: One shelter available. 7101 Scottsville Rd. Bowling Green.
- HOTEL INC: Transitional housing. 1005 Boatlanding Rd., Bowling Green.
- CrossFit Old School (temporary): 512 College St., Bowling Green. (warming shelter, showers).
- BG Christian Church (temporary): 1912 Smallhouse Rd., Bowling Green (warming, showers 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.).
- Kumer Little Recreation Center (temporary): 333 College St., Bowling Green (warming)
- Gasper Brewing Co. (temporary): 302 State St., Bowling Green (warming)
- Southern Lakes (temporary): 2710 Scottsville Rd., Bowling Green.
- Jerome Church: 20 KY-339 Fancy Farm, KY. Also accepting donations.
- First United Methodist Church: 100 Church St., Hickman, KY. Contact Justin Jackson (270) 254-0261.
- Wingo Old Cumberland Presbyterian Church: 334 Lebanon St., Wingo, KY. Contact Pastor RB Mays (270) 983-0333.
- The Way Center: 449 Lebanon St., Wingo, KY. Contact Pastor Ike Murphy (270) 564-0699.
- Fancy Farm Knights of Columbus Hall: 20 KY HWY 39 Fancy Farm, KY. Contact Todd Hayden (270) 705-1051.
- Lone Oak First Baptist Church: 3601 Lone Oak Rd., Paducah, KY. Contact Pastor Hank Garner (270) 699-3473.
- His House Church: 1250 KY HWY 303/Cuba Rd., Mayfield, KY. Contact the church (270) 247-7772.
- Bardwell Baptist Church: 323 US-51 Bardwell, KY. Contact (270) 628-3645.
- Marshall County Sheriff Dispatch: Call for long-term sheltering (270) 527-1333.
- Northside Baptist Church: 611 W Lockridge St., Mayfield, KY. Contact (270) 247-4861.
- Graves County High School: 1220 Eagles Way, Mayfield, KY. Contact (270) 328-6242.
- Mayfield High School: 700 Douthitt St., Mayfield, KY. Contact (270) 247-4461.
- Open Door Baptist Church: 4901 KY-303 Mayfield, KY.
- CFSB Center at Murray State University: 1401 Ky-121 Murray, KY. Contact (270) 809-5577.
- Red Cross: 1647 Scottsville Rd., Bowling Green.
- Greenwood Park Church of Christ: 1818 Campbell Lane, Bowling Green.
- State Street Baptist Church: 340 State St., Bowling Green.
- Calvary Care Center: 800 Beauty Dr., Bowling Green.
- Hillvue Heights Baptist Church: 3219 Nashville Rd., Bowling Green.
- Christ Episcopal Church: 1215 State Street, Bowling Green.
- Hope House: 112 W. 10th, Bowling Green.
- Faith United Methodist Church: 600 Veterans Memorial Ln., Bowling Green.
- First Baptist Church: 621 E. 12th, Bowling Green.
- International Center: 806 Kenton St., Bowling Green.
- Salvation Army: 400 W. Main St., Bowling Green.
- The Presbyterian Church: 1003 State St., Bowling Green.
- First Christian Church: 1106 State St., Bowling Green.
- Woodmen Life Building: 1005 Poplar St., Benton, KY. (270) 527-8002
- Central Elementary Gym: 2262 KY-121 Mayfield, KY. (270) 328-4900
- Wingo Elementary: 449 Lebanon St., Wingo, KY. (270) 328-4870
- Fancy Farm Elementary: 270 KY 339 Fancy Farm, KY. (270) 328-4820
- Symsonia Elementary: 11730 KY-131 Symsonia, KY. (270) 851-3231
- His House Ministeries: 1250 KY-303 Mayfield, KY. 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Mayfield Food Preparation and Distribution: 1104 Paris Rd. Mayfield, KY.
- Mayfield McDonalds: 1006 Cuba, Rd. 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. until 12/17
- Barren River Health Department: (270) 781-8039
- Kentucky Physicians Care Hotline: (800) 633-8100
- Fairview Community Health Center: (270) 633-8100
- Commonwealth Health Free Clinic: (270) 781-9260
- Churches United: (270) 842-4301
- Hope House: (270) 843-9462 or (270) 904-1200
- Community Action: (270) 782-4437 or (270) 782-4484
- Welfare Department: (270) 843-5390
- LIHEAP: (270) 782-4437
- United Way of Kentucky: Call 211
How to donate money
- Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund: Andy Beshear has created this fund to help victims and begin the rebuild process.
- Community Foundation of West Kentucky Relief Fund: The Community Foundation of West Kentucky, based in Paducah, is accepting donations to assist individuals in that area. They’re also accepting supplies (see below).
- American Red Cross: The American Red Cross in Kentucky is already active in western Kentucky areas and here to help victims of disasters, big and small.
- Kentucky Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster: The KYVOAD is accepting monetary donations (and other donations, see below) to help tornado victims.
- Salvation Army Western Kentucky Disaster Relief: The Salvation Army is raised funds through its Facebook page for victims of extreme weather in western Kentucky.
- Western Kentucky Red Cross Disaster Relief Fundraiser: Red Cross has also established a fundraiser through its Facebook page that directly benefits victims.
- United Way of Kentucky Relief Fund: The United Way of Kentucky created a page specifically for donations for Kentucky tornado victims.
- Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund: You can donate to victims of the tornados through this fund, which was established by the University of Kentucky College of Medicine.
- Mayfield-Graves County United Way Relief Fund: The Mayfield-Graves County United Way team has set up a fundraiser for tornado victims.
How to donate time
- Kentucky State Police: Kentucky State Police is asking those who want to volunteer after the Western Kentucky tornado to call (270) 331-1979, and those who want to donate to call (270) 297-7772 or (270) 331-0945. They ask for volunteers and donors not to call the Kentucky State Police, Post 1 Dispatch or 911 to leave the lines open for those needing assistance.
- Bowling Green Fire Department: Bowling Green Fire Department also asked those who want to volunteer to send it a Facebook message with their name, type of assistance they offer and contact information.
- Kentucky Division of Emergency Management: This team directs volunteers to call 311 or fill out a survey on its website.
- Graves County Office of Emergency Management: This team has a sign-up form for volunteers to assist with food and supplies, equipment or machinery, communications, search and rescue, medical help, and electrical or plumbing. Volunteers can also call (270) 727-5114. Graves County Fiscal Court Facebook page posted additional ways to help.
- Appalachians for Appalachia: Appalachians for Appalachia has a resource list for mutual aids and giving, which is regularly updated.
- Forward Kentucky: They’ve also compiled a list by county of how to help.
How to donate supplies/resources/food
- Community Foundation of West Kentucky Relief Fund: The Community Foundation of West Kentucky, based in Paducah, is accepting supplies to assist individuals in the area. Drop off donations at the US Bank Building at 333 Broadway, Suite 503 in Paducah.
- Kentucky Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster: KYVOAD is holding daily coordination calls at 4 p.m. EST via Zoom to continue monitoring needs. There are working breakout groups to coordinate services between organizations. These meetings happen daily at 3:30 p.m. EST. To get the Zoom information for the meetings please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Red Cross Food Drive: Those who can donate food in the Bowling Green area can drop off at 1647 Scottsville road in Bowling Green.
- Red Cross Blood Drive: To donate blood to those who may be in need in affected areas can visit the linked web page here and type in their zip code.
- Jefferson County Public Schools donation drive: Every day this week (December 13-19), JCPS is holding a donation drive at VanHoose Education Building, 3332 Newburg Road, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If you wish to donate supplies for western Kentucky storm victims, drop of donations at the address above.
- Hope House Food Drive: Donate food to the Hope House at 112 W. 10th Ave. in Bowling Green.
- Marshall County Tornado Disaster Relief: Call (270) 703-2706 or (270) 252-6530 to donate food, water, toiletries, cleaning supplies and other items.
- Green River Distillery: The distillery is collecting water, crackers, cookies, baby formula, diapers, sanitizing wipes, mouthwash, sanitizer, gloves and trash bags, among other things, such as toys, to help tornado victims and bring holiday spirit. Drop off at 10 Distillery Road in Owensboro after 10 a.m. every day.
- Clayton & Crume: The leather goods company, which was created by Western Kentucky University students, is accepting donations via its website to support people and organizations that need assistance.
- Mercy Chefs in Mayfield, Kentucky: Mercy Chefs, a nonprofit that provides food for disaster victims, is in Mayfield and accepting monetary donations to use for food.
- Western Kentucky Toy Drive: First Lady Britainy Beshear is organizing a toy drive for Western Kentucky children impacted by the tornados. Louisville drop-off locations will be at Broadbent Arena, KFEC Gate 4 Dr., (Off Crittenden Drive) with drop-offs accepted Tuesday, Dec. 14 – Friday, Dec. 17, noon – 5 p.m. EST, and Saturday, Dec. 18, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., and St. Matthews Police Department, 3940 Grandview Ave, with drop-offs accepted Tuesday, Dec. 14 – Friday, Dec. 17, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Heartland Worship Center: Off I24 Exit 7 Paducah, KY. Call (270) 331-0945 drop off.
- Anything Goes Trading Company: 41 W Baldree Rd., Boaz, KY. Accepting donations during business hours (9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.).
- Joseph Church: 20 KY-339 Fancy Farm, KY. Also acting as a shelter.
- Mayfield Eagles Club: 2207 State Route 1276 Mayfield. KY. Accepting donations during business hours (9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.).
- Mayfield Animal Shelter: 500 N 12 St. Mayfield, KY. Giving away free dog and cat food.
- Midwest Food Bank: Accepting donations and giving out family food boxes.
- Central Elementary Gym: 2262 KY-121 Mayfield, KY. 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., not accepting clothing.
- Mayfield-Graves County Fairgrounds: 1004 KY-121 Mayfield, KY.
- Independence Bank: 100 E College St. Mayfield, KY. (270) 705-1776.
- AAA Stow-A-Way: All locations.
- Barrell and Bond: 100 Broadway St. (270) 442-2663.
- Coad Toyota Paducah: 3941 Mike Smith Dr. (270) 408-6453.
- Oaks Mall: 5101 Hinkleville Rd., Paducah, KY. Customer service desk, non-perishable items only.
- Downtown Classic Tattoo: 109 Markethouse Square, Paducah, KY. (270) 557-7928.
- Dry Ground Brewing Company: 3121 Broadway St., Paducah, KY. (270) 201-2096.
- Etcetera Coffee: 320 N 6th St. Paducah, KY. (270) 443-7760.
- Hancock’s of Paducah: 3841 Hinkleville Rd., Paducah, KY. (800) 845-8723. Asking for clean quilts and blankets in good condition.
- Heartland Church: 4777 Alben Barkley Dr. Paducah, KY. (270) 534-1400.
- The Johnson Bar: 133 S 3rd St. Paducah, KY. (270) 557-7594.
- KY Addiction Centers: 148 Stuart Nelson Park Rd., Paducah, KY. (270) 908-2681.
- McCracken County School District: All schools. Taking different donations on different days.